What are examples of effects that bullying has on the victom

Debralee8228

Asked by Debralee8228 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• You know I was bullied from second grade throughout high school.
    You either look inside and find the strength or you cave in.
    I am not saying it is right but it is what it is.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• It really depends on the person though. I was bullied in 7th grade. I had a group of kids gather around me and kick me. It was because I was the new person in school. Back then, we were all called down to discuss it, and that was the end of that. In fact I became friends with them all. It had no effect on me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Bullying can cause low self esteem and depression among kids if you don't teach the child to ignore what other people had to say and know that they are loved and valuable. I was bullied my whole life and it took into my teens to learn that the only person who can make you feel small is you. Why give those people who mean nothing to you the power to change how you live your life. I teach my son that it is okay to be who he is because the only opinion that matters is his own.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Low self-esteem, depression. Some kids go so far as to actually kill themselves because of it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I'm not sure they are handling things correctly these days. There are too many instances of things going too far. I don't have the answers. I'm not even sure what they are.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• google is a good rescorce for this as well..thier are so many diffrent effects bulling has on people..esp today since thier are so many diffrent ways to be bullied
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• You mean victim.
    Anonymous

• Right Dard!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I would do some research on it if my child were having an issue.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2013