tax refund, direct deposit, pending transaction?

Today my tax return was direct deposited into my bank account. When i saw the money was there with a postive balance i paid my phone bill online. When i went back to look at the account i realized it said the transaction was pending. So if the phone payment goes through will it bounce because the tax deposit is pending? Or will it only bounce if there is a problem with the tax money and it doesnt go through. Am I making sense?

Ziggy.Stardust

Asked by Ziggy.Stardust at 1:52 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• call your bank and ask them.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 1:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• It porbably sands pending because it is going to go in today. Was the refund reflected in your balance. For example if you refund was $1000.00 and you already had $100.00 in your account. Did it show your available balance as $1100.00. Of it didn't them it may not be going to post to the account today. Just call and ask them to be sure. And if it isn't going to post ask them if sence they see it is going to eventually go in if they will cover your payment.
    Anonymous

• Anon- My balance online is reflecting the tax refund deposit. My balance was $10 yesterday and this morning it was $1729, and my refund was $1721.. but it still says its pending.
    Ziggy.Stardust

Answer by Ziggy.Stardust at 3:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Chances are good that your phone bill will also be "pending" and tomorrow your refund will be there all fine and dandy and maybe your phone bill will still be pending or it will go through too, but it probably will be fine because the refund is already through.
    Anonymous

• It will probably go in today. Since it is reflected in your balance. WHen they update tonight , the pending will probably drop off and you will have the $1729.00 in your account. My bank is like that. When i go make a deposit it says pending untill they update there system during the night. My bank is Wells Fargo even though i am not pleased with them.
    Anonymous

• if you have Bank of America you will be screwed! If you have WAMU you'll be fine!
    Jessiemay999

Answer by Jessiemay999 at 9:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• No it shouldn't if it says its there it doesn't matter if its posted. Did you get yours on time or how late was it pm please.
    Mrs.Morgan

Answer by Mrs.Morgan at 5:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2009