I am so frustrated tonight and I keep yelling at my kids-help.

OMG it has been a bad day and I am under a great deal of stress. My kids won't quit fighting and I am having to keep separating them and they are harrasing me about wanting this and that... I have said not to dessert SIX times because they did not eat dinner. I just keep screaming at them and they just keep going at me. I am so lose to hitting them. It is all I can do to not smack them right across the face or shake them really hard and I know I can't do that even though they are 7 and 8. My husband is at work and I have no family or friends what do I do. Can I call 911 for that? Will they take me to jail. I never felt like this before. I am in tears and locked in my room with them banging on the door tattling and begging for candy. I am going to loose it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• So you are acting like a child and hiding in your room? Grow a pair and get out there and show them who is boss. Why are you letting your children run your life? Take control.

Anonymous

• I don't think you understand. I have already bruised the youngest arm pulling him off of his brother tonight. I know if I go out there I will hurt them. I am frustrated and angry. It is not completely their fault. I know I am to blame. Everything, after all , boils down to my fault. I get it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Keep your kids in check... that's bullshit that they walk all over you like that. Send them to their room and ignore them. Crank up your music, cook something, distract yourself. Don't let it be obvious that their behavior is bothering you.. they'll keep pushing buttons.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Take control or bribe them with a movie just to give yourself a little break I know it's not a "cure all"but it sounds like you need a break. I know I have been there before.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• What the first poster said. You are the boss and you need to get your ass out there and show them they don't run that you do! We all have moments when our kids are driving us crazy ,but you don't run from them.
    JennieMarie1103

Answer by JennieMarie1103 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Fine, I took your advice and beat there butts and out them to bed. They are in there rooms screaming but I told them if they came out again I would spank them some more so they are pretty much down for the night. I just wish they would shut up. Maybe I will tell them if they don't knock it off I will spank them again. I just need them to stop. I have too much to think about and try to fix.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• First of all, they should be locked in their room(s), not you locked in yours. If my kids don't listen and they can't behave, then that's where they go... to their rooms. If I have to repeat myself about what's for dinner or why they can't have something, it's automatically to their room. They know better and now that their older they just don't bother pushing me.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2013