Its -9 degrees right now but feels like -18 with the wind chill...How cold are YOU?

We have a "Wind Chill Warning" in effect, tonight's wind chill lows are supposed to get between -30 and -50... I just finished putting big blankets up on both doors to keep out some of the chill, almost all our windows are weatherized with plastic but it still gets pretty chilly in here, we keep the heater around 70 non-stop :-/ I am SO ready for this winter to be over already :(

Anyways, how cold will your town get tonight and/or how cold are you personally right now? my hands are freezing but the rest of me is covered so I'm not TOO cold atm :P

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 11:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2013 in Just for Fun

• The TV news just said it was minus four. After it gets to a certain point, usually about ten degrees for me, it's just too damn cold and the numbers don't seem to make much difference. I've been cold all day. Getting ready to put my new Hot Booties in the microwave.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I am on the western slope and it is currently -4 and feels like -15. Yeah... our heater is turned way up too!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• 2 degrees here (according to the temp gauge in the care when I was out a little bit ago). I think the low will be -7 or so. I'm still trying to warm up my hands, feet, and ears from when I picked up dh 20 min ago. The car never did get warm.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Stay warm SleepingBeautee! Just heard on 9news that we (U on the western slope and us down here in the SLV) are not gonna be warming up anytime soon...lol like we didn't already know that! :P I'm seriously counting down the days until Spring and it sucks cause usually I like Winter, but this winter has just been TOO cold!!
    DreainCO

Comment by DreainCO (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Well, you guys are going to laugh at me, and I know you're not going to be the least bit sorry for us here, but I AM FREEZING...and I think I can say that, I did live in Wyoming 6 years.

Anyway, I live in Los Angeles...I'm a native, and we are having record setting lows. it's 47 degrees here right now, and we are expecting a low of 37 tonight for us that IS about as close to freezing as we get. The hard part is, I don't have the clothing for it!! Yes, I"m FREEZING!!

All right, go ahead and laugh, I know how ridiculous it is.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I feel kinda bad for complaining. We don't have it so bad here in Denver as you all on the Western slope and down in SLV. It's flubbin' A cold right now and has been since late last week, but it's supposed to be 51 by Friday. Thing is... we went from nearly 60 degrees last week to single digits in a matter of a couple days... now that's just not right!

Ohwrite, I won't laugh. When you're not used to the cold temps it really sucks. Kind of a shock to the system.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• 18

Please give us a 2 hr delay tomorrow for bad roads so I can sleep in until it warms up some...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:30 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• 27 here tonight. I know it sounds like I'm wimpy, but we're not used to this and our homes aren't designed for cold weather. It's about 20 degrees below average. Pipes all over town are exploding. Our heating vents are on the ceiling, and our homes aren't very well insulated. I'm freezing, and the thermostat wasn't the problem. We've been without any heat for several hours.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I had to turn my a/c on the past couple of days because it has been in the upper 70's low 80's here.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• It's 37, with an expected low of 31. We're under a freeze warning. Might sound silly, but for the area I live in this is major stuff for black ice and the farmers.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:20 AM on Jan. 15, 2013