I'm sad :( could use some kind words.

I am not sure why, but I get very sad and almost anxious everyday my husband goes to work, I'm not sure why. Anybody else ever feel this or have in the past? It's almost like I'm scared to be alone and have the whole responsibility of the household and our child all by myself, Not like its a new thing to handle, ive always taken care of our child and home. idk, it's weird. Why do I feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2013 in General Parenting

• I've faced that issue off and on; I thought I was the only one. It's like I feel the weight of everything when Dad's off at work, and then when he comes home, even though nothing changes much, the weight is lifted. I wish I knew what to tell you that would make you feel better, but all I can say is that if it's crazy, you've got company.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I don't know unless maybe you are afraid he won't come home at night, like in a car accident. I had some serious issues after DH was put into the hospital after being hit by a car. It took a while to get over it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Look for a mom's play /social group through your church or park district or YMCA that you could join, just an hour a week. It might help you to talk to some other moms during the day and it will help you to find out that your day might be a lot like theirs.

Also, it is hard to be very productive if you have a young child at home and sometimes moms feel like they are not doing enough. It is hard to explain where time goes, but it does fly. Maybe it would help you to create a list in the evening before bed and just put in writing 3-5 tasks that you want to complete the following day, then check them off as you do them. If it is written down, it might take away some of the anxiety and burden of trying to remember all the responsibilities.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Sounds like anxiety. Have you been stressed more than usual?
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• If it persists, please talk to a doctor.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 12:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Did you have him home for a few days over the holidays?
    Maybe that's what's causing you loneliness. Put your thoughts and
    Attention else where. Start planning a super sexy valentines day!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I feel that way sometimes when DH goes out of town for work. Usually when he does international travel, not just the occasional day trip or overnight. Our kids are 7 and almost 10, so I don't have as much time to stress about it.
    How old is your child?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I'm glad you have friendly moms here that can relate...
    It's a bit natural to miss DH when he leaves.
    You do have a huge responsibility to care for and raise your child. It is an honor that you are able to stay home with him/her. The strain can be great, however even though you enjoy being with them. I hope you can get out with other women/groups during the week. That may help a lot.
    . Try the library for story time also...You'll meet lots of good moms.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2013