Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are registered sex offenders allowed to have facebook, especially if they just got out of jail for yet another sex-related crime?

All counts, over the last 20+ years, for this person, are 3rd degree sexual abuse of a child ages 0-13.

Just wondering if I should report this person...(he really freaks & grosses me out anyway).

(And, I really had no idea what category to post this in.)


Asked by idareyou at 11:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 28 (35,559 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • I am pretty sure they are not allowed to do that.

    Answer by Dardenella at 11:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

  • Nope they are not allowed too.


    Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

  • No they're not. I have a buddy who is a rso

    Answer by gwen20 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

  • It's certainly worth inquiring about just to be sure.

    Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

  • I had no idea!!!!

    Answer by staciandababy at 12:24 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

  • I did report the profile - you have to have a link to a national registry thing which I did have open already - and I also put the local (state) link in the additional comments box. When I originally asked I was thinking I'd have to report to the sheriff's office or something. Never reported a profile so wasn't aware of the other options!

    Comment by idareyou (original poster) at 1:03 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

  • In Illinois there are sex offenders on Facebook.. they just cant have any children on their friends list.

    Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

  • Success! He's deleted! Woohoo!

    Comment by idareyou (original poster) at 2:09 AM on Jan. 16, 2013