Hav you ever had?

Have you ever had couples therapy prior to marriage? My fiance dont want to do it and we have issues of our own already. I have problems and I feel so sad, bad and hurt and is worst that he really doesnt care.

What should I do? Is it bad to go to couples therapy and we are not even married?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Relationships

• No. Go. No.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• No. I don't know how to nicely say this, but if you're already fighting and having trouble and you're not even married yet, do you think you're making the right choice getting married?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:38 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I guess it depends on how permanent you feel the relationship is. My boyfriend and I went to couples therapy without being married, but it was because we were both committed to making the relationship work, married or not. If your fiance is balking at the therapy, he may not feel the relationship is as important as you do--in which case, I agree with JJK. Marryig him might not be the right choice.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Seek therapy for yourself. Might shed some light on the fact that maybe he isn't the one for you!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Go yourself. I think I think personally therapy is more effective anyway.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• No. I did 6 years after we married. If you are a strong person and can handle anything and want the relationship to work,it will work. If you feel like you are not a strong person that can handle all the bumps along the way then I would say go for counseling and see if he is the one you really want to be with. Marriage is not easy. Once you are married it should be forever. In my case I only knew my husband a month and we got married. I did not know how he was until we got married. I went through so much with him I should have left but I didnt. He finally went to counseling and started working on his self to make it better for us. We have now been together for 15 years and have 2 teenage daughters. we still have problems here and there but we work it out.
    GinGin625

Answer by GinGin625 at 8:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Call 211 and find a therapist for yourself. Hopefully it will give you strength to make the decisions you need to make.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I do know, a lot of preachers, will not marry you , unless you do couples counseling .
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 3:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2013