Do you think a mother to be should be able to go on to the father to be's medical if they arent married just to cover the PREGNANCY??? this is a repost, didnt get many answers before

I think this would take alot of women off of medical assistance... And make it so they would have to pay atleast something. I have no income and to have my baby i paid atleast 2000.00 in bills that wasnt covered by medical... SO paid for it considering I wouldnt have the bills if he hadnt got me pregnant, and he didnt mind anyways

LuvsDanika

Asked by LuvsDanika at 1:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hell yes, he help to make baby he should help take care of it. the insurance should cover baby and mamas care.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 2:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• yepp i think itd be a great idea
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Of course, why not?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• It is a good idea, it would just be hard to regulate it. Like if someone had a 1 night stand and was pregnant her good guy friend with great insurance could just say that it was his baby for her to be covered. (which wouldn't bother me, but "legally" it would be hard to regulate)
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 1:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• No I don't. Dependent coverage is for families. Getting knocked up out of wedlock does not count. If you want to be on your baby's dad's medical, get married to him. Otherwise, take responsibility for your actions and get your own insurance.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Actually if the insurance is gotten through the employer, it would be the EMPLOYER's fault for not picking the rider for Domestic Partnership. Nothing to do with the insurance company.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 2:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• In AZ, domestic partners can be covered on each others insurance. So I have employees that have their girlfriends on their insurance. I see no problem with it.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Yes i know it would be, but if a man is willing to raise the child and so and so forth...lol ya kno what i am getting at ;-D
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 2:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• who kem... maybe ask questions first, I have my own medical THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! And I am very proud to be a young mother out of wedlock. Atleast I paid to my own child and dont depend on the govt. to provide the funds for me to have her and raise her
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 2:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• The mother is pregnant, not the father.

The father should not have to cover the mother's pregnancy if she is not covered under his insurance.

"...if he hadnt got me pregnant..." OMG! YOU had sex, too!! you are just as much at "fault" for the pregnancy, it's not all on him!
    Anonymous