Why on earth can I not have any privacy?! adult content

You know, I don't mind if occasionally DH comes in the bathroom when I have to pee, to finish a conversation. However, we made an agreement that if the doors are closed that means no entrance. I respect that when he is in there. For some reason though, every time the doors are shut, he is opening the door asking if it's okay to come in. Um, no, it's not! I should not have to explain this over and over. I want to be alone for some things, jeez. I can't EVER pee alone. EVER. I can't even change a tampon without an audience! Some times I want to freshen up a bit ALONE before we have sex but he is always following me in there! What the crap?! I don't want to be mean but damn I might want to fart by myself! What would you say to your DH in the nicest way possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Relationships

• Walk in on him taking a crap sometime. See how he likes it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I would lock the door and tell him to go away. If you guys had an agreement and he can't abide by it then you need to stop being so nice about it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:03 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• My husband is the one person I can just straight up tell it like it is. If he's bugging me in the bathroom I will say "ummm do you mind, I'd like to poop in peace, thanks". He isn't offended by that.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Isn't there a lock? If not, head to Home Depot and buy a new doorknob with a lock and install it. Problem solved.

Although I will add that if you're having sex with someone you should be able to tell them ANYTHING, including, "A closed door means go away!"

Answer by gdiamante at 1:54 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I would say shut the damn door, and make sure you're on the other side of it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• UGH.... I wish I could get my DH or my kids to shut the door when they are in there!!! LOL
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• You need to get door locks.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:25 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Lock it!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I would yell at him. "THE DOORS SHUT FOR A REASON GET OUT AND STAY OUT"  That usually works for me.  After I came out of the bathroom I would remind him of the closed door rule we have.

Answer by louise2 at 7:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2013