No ovulation

I'm not actually trying to conceive right now, but I thought this would be the most appropriate category because this is something that affects fertility and I will be TTC in the future.

So I do fertility charting as my method of contraception and I haven't ovulated since October! And this isn't just something that somehow got missed on my charting because I've had really weird "periods" (if you can even call them that) that have been super light. I also haven't had the normal symptoms I usually have for the two weeks after I ovulate before I start my period. So I can definitely tell nothing happened.

My guess is that stress may have contributed to no ovulation in November (I'm in nursing school), but I have no idea why I haven't ovulated since then - over winter break. It could be nutritional, but I would've thought over the holidays I would've eaten plenty to support a normal cycle! I don't exercise and I'm at the very low end of a normal BMI, sometimes underweight as my weight fluctuates. Anyone else have any experience with anovulation? (I don't have PCOS or any symptoms that would make me think I might.) I was ovulating normally, albeit with long cycles, before this.

I will seek medical advice if this continues too much longer, but just thought I'd put my story out there.

katinthehat8914

Asked by katinthehat8914 at 1:27 AM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• I had anovulatory cycles before my son was conceived. But this is one I would be calling the doctor about first thing in the morning.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Good news, I ovulated on the 19th. I'm not broken anymore!
    katinthehat8914

Comment by katinthehat8914 (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2013