My babies milk is pediasure complete and i also want to try nido junior at the same time. It is safe to feed my child the two milk?

Briellemum

Asked by Briellemum at 5:44 AM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd needed pediasure when she was 1 because she was very underweight. I gave her a limited amount (16 oz) along with solids and the rest was milk. I got her off the pediasure as soon as she hit the 3% in weight. Don't give her enough to fill her up or there's no reason for her to eat solids. Don't encourage a picky eater!

Answer by missanc at 12:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• By giving her the pedisure and the other thing you are guaranteeing that she will continue to be a picky eater. You are the parent and need to guide her into healthy eating habits - pediasure isn't it.

If you want her to have some form of milk, give her milk, almond milk, rice milkā€¦and give her solids. The only way she is going to learn to eat and like solid food is to have her eat. Let her take 2-3 bites of healthy foods. If she pitches a fit, so what. You are the grown up and deal with learning how to deal with her tantrums or she will walk all over you in this and everything else.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:24 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• She's not into solid food. She's very picky when it comes to solid food. Thats why her pedia suggest pediasure for her, but i want to try other milk like nido junior, so that she will not fed up by pediasure. :)
    Briellemum

Comment by Briellemum (original poster) at 6:35 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Why not give her regular milk and healthy food instead? In a quick google of nido jr (I had never heard of it), I kept seeing how it was loaded with sugar and junk, not stuff kids need. Pediasure is not needed unless a child is underweight.

Answer by missanc at 5:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2013