My babies milk is pediasure complete and i also want to try nido junior at the same time. It is safe to feed my child the two milk?

Briellemum

Asked by Briellemum at 5:44 AM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• By giving her the pedisure and the other thing you are guaranteeing that she will continue to be a picky eater. You are the parent and need to guide her into healthy eating habits - pediasure isn't it.

If you want her to have some form of milk, give her milk, almond milk, rice milk…and give her solids. The only way she is going to learn to eat and like solid food is to have her eat. Let her take 2-3 bites of healthy foods. If she pitches a fit, so what. You are the grown up and deal with learning how to deal with her tantrums or she will walk all over you in this and everything else.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:24 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Why not give her regular milk and healthy food instead? In a quick google of nido jr (I had never heard of it), I kept seeing how it was loaded with sugar and junk, not stuff kids need. Pediasure is not needed unless a child is underweight.

Answer by missanc at 5:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• She's not into solid food. She's very picky when it comes to solid food. Thats why her pedia suggest pediasure for her, but i want to try other milk like nido junior, so that she will not fed up by pediasure. :)
    Briellemum

Comment by Briellemum (original poster) at 6:35 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• My dd needed pediasure when she was 1 because she was very underweight. I gave her a limited amount (16 oz) along with solids and the rest was milk. I got her off the pediasure as soon as she hit the 3% in weight. Don't give her enough to fill her up or there's no reason for her to eat solids. Don't encourage a picky eater!

Answer by missanc at 12:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2013