Does baby orajel help?

I heard that it's not too effective to help with teething. Have you had luck with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no i've heard bad things about it.. don't use it they make teething tablets andt hey work realyl well!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• It does't work as well as the teething tablets. And it numbs the nerves or something many people have told me and my husband. Which isn't good for future development.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Not really, have you tasted it? It tastes like caca! I would try the teething tablets or a cold washrag. It doesn't taste like caca..lol.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• ? What've u heard about oraje? Wha's the teething tablets - isn't the same thing in it and baby have to drink it?
    Anonymous

• I've just heard that orajel doesn't sooth the pain
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 2:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i used to use orajel for my LO until i put it on my own mouth (i test everything i put in her mouth even food) and my throat went numb! that stuff is the devil lol it made me feel weird so i refuse to use it anymore on her, i havent tried the teething tablets yet but i did hear great things about it!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 2:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• It always made my daughter feel better. Guess it depends on the kid.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Teething tablets are made by Hylands. They are these little tiny tablets that disolve in the baby's mouth and they work great.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I use homeopathic teething tablets...the orajel has numbing meds in it that arent too good for baby. If you don't time it right, it has been known to make babies choke becuase it numbs their throat. Teething tablets are good, you just put it under their tongue and it dissolves...or give them a wet washcloth to chew on. That works with my DD. Good luck.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• A friend of mine who has two kids of her suggested for me to use vanilla extract. Not sure exactly what it does but it seems to help my LO
    KyrisMommy

Answer by KyrisMommy at 3:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2009