How old was your child (ren) when they found out Santa wasn't real?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 10:36 AM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Holidays

• My 7.5 year old informed me 2 years ago (he was 5.5) right before Christmas that he didn't believe and when I asked why he gave me a whole list of scientific reason why not. He is very analytic and we are not a family that believes in lying to their children to we have always been open about stuff. I asked him to simply not ruin the mystery for others like his sister. His sister is 5.5 now and I think she is beginning to not believe. Apparently my children were young though according to other parents in our area.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Our boys figured it out this year. They're 9, and 10 yrs old... It was kinda sad for me, but they thought it was hilarious.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• 4. We read tons of books with her and help her figure out what stories are real or not. It didn't take long till she was questioning the feasibility of flying reindeer.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• My oldest is six and I think she knows but doesn't want to say anything. I doubt I can keep up the charade much longer
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• daughter was 9 or 10, son was 11
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• mine are 5 and 3 and dont know yet. I will tell them the truth when they ask
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I don't think he's ever truly believed in Santa, although it was confirmed around 5...he knew momma bought everything.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• DS is going to be 8 soon and thankfully he still believes a kid at school made him question it but I kinda sugar coated it so it's all good till next year.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Who says Santa isn't real?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• We've never done Santa. When my oldest son was 3 years old, my husband dressed up as Santa for the company Christmas party. When he came in, all the other kids were yelling "Santa!" and Jacob was all like " Daddy!!"
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2013