what to do ?!?!?!

okay so my 3 yr old loves candy and chocolate. . . like any normal women big or small. but i feel like i need to hide it or put it in a lock box to keep your out of it. everytime i get candy or chocolate no matter where i put it she finds it any gets into it. i literally have to hide it while she is alseep in my underware grawer!!! its geting out of hand and i dont know what to do. please help-

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 2:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• a small box with a lock! I have the same problem. we also hide it in our dresser and I lock the door so she cant get in. good luck:)
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 4:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Stop keeping it in the house. Turning it into a struggle to keep her away from it can cause eating problems. Buy a small serving when you get a craving.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Could you put it on top of the fridge or somewhere else she can't reach it?
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 2:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• You either have to keep doing what you are doing - eating when she can't see, hiding it where she can't get to (a drawer is not a good choice).
    OR
    Get it out of the house and keep it as a special treat.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I would also suggest keeping it out of the house. If you dont want her to eat it every day, then (sigh...) you shouldn't either. (Trust me, I know that is hard! Chocolate is my weakness!)
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• also If my daughter is begging for candy I will give her some fruit to eat or her favorite fruit leather or roll ups . the kind with no sugars or sweeteners added. they are very sweet and she doesnt even notice that they are good for her.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 4:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• How about you try spanking her when she does get into it? What's wrong with moms today? Did we forget that spanking is a very easy and reliable thing to do?
    mouse070291

Answer by mouse070291 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• if she is big enough to go after hidden snacks maybe she should get her own special snack jar that is filled with healthier choices. Every morning you put in like 5 different snacks and maybe one of them is a hersheys kiss or 100 calorie pack of oreos. She can have those when she wants, hopefully will learn to spread them out over the day eventually. If she goes after Mommy's snacks she gets into trouble, time out or spanking or whatever method you are using.
    XanandLeosMama

Answer by XanandLeosMama at 7:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Spanking is the lazy thing to do.... There is nothing wrong with this mom trying to find alternative ways to deal with this issue instead of hurting her child.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 6:13 PM on Feb. 14, 2009