Ouch...

Got my first paycheck of the year. Almost $100 more paid in taxes :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Money & Work

• Last year we had to start paying our own retirement. That started in September after they gave us a 5% raise but the 5% increase took that. And now insurance increased this month and the taxes. My monthly income is over $100 less and no raise (except the one last year that we did not get to see) in 5 years....but so very thankful everyday I am still employed.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• that sucks :( stupid congressmen don't realize how much difference $100 can make for a family monthly!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 10:52 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Yesterday at work, I had a customer say to me that it was cheaper for him and his wife not to work because of free medical coverage, food stamps, section 8 housing and unemployment. Then laughed at those of us who worked to make a living!
    I was so PISSED at his arrogance! He was probably in his late 20's.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• He won't be laughing when there isn't any more money to pay for that.

Everybody who earns $$ is paying more in taxes. The last cuts expired. Not to mention all of the other increases that are coming our way. Those that are still holding on by a thread are going to be the hardest hit.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:08 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• It should go back to normal now!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• We're not looking forward to filing this year... We pay 1300 quarterly, and it will be going up for us....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:47 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I know it suck to see how much more they are taking from my pay check now
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 10:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I am so freaking annoyed! I paid just as much in SS then I did in federal last year! Now I am paying even more and thats money i will never see. Its freaking BS I pay more and I am BELOW the pay!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• It was $30 for my husband. We were expecting it. I got a whopping $7 a month raise in my VA benefit plus my husband gets a military pay raise and his BAH goes up a little. This was going to happen. Payroll tax holiday was due to expire and it did.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Just over $250 more for us and this is an every 2 weeks pay schedule
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2013