4 year old son wants to know how I pee.

Is he too young to be wondering this?

AngZacc

Asked by AngZacc at 12:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• That is cute girlwithC!
    AngZacc

Comment by AngZacc (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• He's not too young to be wondering. He probably has noticed that you don't have a penis. And that he pees out the end of his own penis.

I have told my kids that we all have urethras. The pee comes out of our urethra. For boys, the urethra ends at the tip of their penis. For girls, it ends at their vulva. The urethra is the "tube" inside. Our bladder hold our pee until full, or until we're ready to let the pee out. Then it travels through the urethra until it gets to the end and comes out of the body.

The take home for my two littlest ones, who are twin boys (age four, lol) is: "You don't have to have a penis to pee. You just need a urethra." And we all have urethras.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 11:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• We are getting there. I have told him that girls don't have a penis, they have a vagina. And that girls and boys are different. I am the only girl in the house, so it confuses him. Hopefully, he will come to understand soon so I don't have to keep saying it! :)
    AngZacc

Comment by AngZacc (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2013

• If htey ask they are old enough to know, just explain it, i assume he does know that girls dont have a penis?
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Thanks ladies. He asks me how come I pee out my butt! :) He is silly. I will try the

"So I say girls have a pee hole inside & boys have a pee hole outside. Done!"
    AngZacc

Comment by AngZacc (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Just say girls have a hole they per from and have to sit down.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• My 4 year old son tries to watch me pee. I now have to lock the door because he wants to see. It's normal I think, they are just interested in the difference between boys and girls.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Normal. But he's too young to grasp the actual physiological concept. So I say girls have a pee hole inside & boys have a pee hole outside. Done!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• No tell him the truth
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• No..not at all. He's curious because he probably notices a difference. Like Dard says.. just explain that boys and girls pee differently.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2013