There is so much wrong with this story beginning with the school letting someone sign this child out to the newspaper releasing the child's name. If she was raped as another story implies then my goodness everyone will know. Won't that make it even harder for her to recover?

Passerby hears screams, finds missing 5-year-old girl

Missing 5-year-old Nailla Robinson, the girl who was snatched from a Cobbs Creek, Pa., school Monday, was found safe in Delaware County overnight.

Robinson was found on a playground on 69th Street by a passerby, wearing only a T-shirt, according to Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood.

"This morning around 4:40 [a.m.] a fellow on his way to work heard screams for help, he was walking, he goes over to a playground area and finds a little girl hiding underneath the jungle gym," Chitwood told NBC10's Tim Furlong.

The man immediately called police.

For more, visit NBC10.com

Police tell NBC10 that she told them she was taken from school the day before and that she was cold and scared.

The little girl is at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for evaluation. Nailla's mom, Latifah Abdur-Rashid, told NBC10's Claudia Rivero that her daughter is preparing to be examined. She also says Nailla told her that she was blindfolded during her abduction. 

Now, police are looking for the person that took her from school Monday morning.

Nailla, a kindergartner at the Cullen Byrant Elementary School on 60th and Cedar Avenue, was allegedly snatched from the school around 8:50 a.m. by a woman claiming to be her mother.

The Philadelphia School District released a statement saying that the school didn't realize the girl was missing until Abdur-Rashid came to pick her up.

Video of Abdur-Rashid leaving to see her daughter for first time since abduction

Nailla's family told NBC10 that surveillance video shows that a woman who appeared to be pregnant, wearing Muslim garb and going by the name "Tiffany" told school officials that she needed to take her daughter to breakfast. Then "Tiffany" signed Nailla out of school and walked away with her, according to the family.

"In the surveillance camera that the school has that I watched, she's dressed in traditional over-garment and Niqab," said Abdur-Rashid. "She has her face covered and only her eyes showing. She's wearing gloves. She's wearing all black. She has something white on her arm and she has a long black umbrella. The surveillance camera shows them walking through the hallway to get to the door. The next camera picks up and she's putting her umbrella up. Then they disappear."

Anyone with information on the incident is urged to call police.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm not sure what kind of info they release when there is an amber alert, but I guess if they weren't sure if or what kind of vehicle was involved then they wouldn't have necessarily had an amber alert. The child's name shouldn't have been released, but a timeline of events would be the best indicator of what would have been proper.

This is just one more reason I support voter ID laws. ID's aren't just necessary for voting, but they are very useful in cases like these. If I go to my kid's school and I want to have lunch with them, I have to either provide them my ID, or since I have already done their background check, I print out a visitor ID that has my license picture on it as well as my name.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I would be suing if my childs name was released. I am thankful she was found but I hope there was no rape and she recovers fast.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Well wait a minute- they have to release the name for the Amber Alert don't they?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Reading the article from the first link in the story, it was the mother that said the girls name. Now, the media should have been more careful to not put that in there, but you can't count on media to make the best judgement in all honesty.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Wow. It seems that this article has wayyyyy to much information about this incident especially since the victim is underage. I think I'd be suing.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• The article also states that there was an Amber alert issued. Here are the criteria for an Amber alert:

Summary of Department of Justice Recommended Criteria

• There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that an abduction has occurred.

• The law enforcement agency believes that the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.

• There is enough descriptive information about the victim and the abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.

• The abduction is of a child aged 17 years or younger.

• The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2013