Help! I am 39wk and 3 days and having lots of contractions, but my cervix is dialating sooooo slowly. My contractions will go for hours then stop after a long time. I have had two other babies and had to have help with both of them but for some reason they wont help me with this one? Is there anyway for me to speed up the process any? I'm tired of hurting and tired of being sent home from the hospital. The next time I go I want them to keep me!!

pregott

Asked by pregott at 2:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go walk around the mall. I went in to l/d in the morning with my daughter and wasn't dialated far enough to admit so I spent the rest of that day walking and trying to get my contractions to be more regular. I think I ended up getting admitted about 10 pm that night :) Good luck! And hang in there, you are SO close!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Remember that the normal pregnancy is 38-42 weeks. This is NOT what you want to hear, but trust me I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I am 39 weeks and 6 days! Baby will come when he's ready, and very sadly for us, that may mean a little longer. My doctor said the only thing that's going to help is sex, sex, and more sex. So have fun with it. :)
    elleinad

Answer by elleinad at 2:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• walk walk walk walk WALK! Goooood Luck!
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• When I was in labor I took a warm bath for like an hour and dialated from between 2-3cm to between 5-6 in an hour. There was pink stuff comming out too I guess part of the cervix or whatever. It helped with contractions too.
    Anonymous