What to do?

Ok I know my dh loves me and only wants me to do something with myself, I don't work I'm a SAHM but my kids are in school so I'm basically alone during the day unless my dh is home (he works weird hours).
Anyway this morning he was telling me why don't I take advantage of our little gym we have in our garage. We have a treadmill, an elliptical, and a bow flex. Well for some damn reason I don't. It's cold here and would much rather wrap myself up in a blanket with a cup of coffee and call it good ;)
He calls and asked what I was doing I told him I was watching the news he's like why don't you do that while working out, I'm like yeah your right we'll see. Then he calls me 3 hours later I'm laying down taking a nap.
He got upset with me.
See bc when he is off we go walking and sometimes a slight jog 3-4 miles but for me to say I'm gonna workout it is not in me.
What to do with this laziness. He is not ever lazy he's always working always up and ready and when he feels that slump coming around he drinks a 5hr energy (I personally hate those) but anyway he's the one that gets us moving...ugh! Venting....thanks! Your thoughts PLEASE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• He is worried about you. You are not doing anything to keep yourself active. It is like you are waiting to live until someone else is there and frankly that leads to depression. He wants you to get some blood pumping and feel good about yourself and not take naps. The occassional one is fine every day is probably not good. Why not use the gym and or volunteer or get a part time job?

Listen to him caring about you and not what you hear as criticism
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• He married you to grow old with you. Not to watch your health diminish before his eyes and to bury you. It only takes a few weeks to really get into a habit of doing something. Give it a try and see how good it makes you feel. If it doesn't then maybe tell him that.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• no one can really motive you BUT YOU. If you don't want to do it, all his comments are gonna do is irritate you and even if it does get you working out here or there- it probably won't stick unless YOU want it for yourself.

Just tell him it's cold and you like working out with him better
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Why not join a class? Aerobics, zumba, etc. or get a friend to workout with you. I always found that while I'm not motivated to go to the gym by myself, it's much easier if I know there are people counting on me to show up.

Answer by missanc at 12:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Has he always been like this to "your laziness"  (in his eyes)?

Answer by louise2 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I suggest taking supplements , ( Sams' Club has a great womens' vitamin which promotes energy) eating healthy and seeking out some old passions. Why not stir it up a bit. Challenge yourself. You only live once. Think of how he feels. He is working hard, you are at home and a couch potato... it would bug me too.... get off your arse and start some projects, do something. Not necessarily working out, but atleast be productive. If you aren't gaining weight yet, this kind of pattern will lead to it. No one wants to care about someone who doesn't even care for themselves.....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Put a space heater out there if it's that cold, warm it up a little before going out there. I'd LOVE to have such easy access to all that stuff.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 3:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Lucky you with all that workout equipment! Buy a space heater and a CD player put some music on or my sister actually has a small TV with DVD player and she watches movies while working out.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2013