What is your favorite baby shower gift to make or give?

I have two family members that are pregnant. I am going to make some burp cloths for both of them. I'm going with some more natural colors with a splash of lime green and robin's egg blue. I don't know the sex of either baby yet but one is believed to be a boy (Dr.'s won't say 100% since it's still a little early). Looking back, I wish I had some things that weren't gender driven, but rather made to look nice for the mom.

So, what do you like to make or give for a baby shower?

(these are just part of a gift to both)

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 2:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• That sounds like an incredibly cute gift!

Normally, I buy a set of onesies, a Johnson's bath set, diapers & wipes.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• oh goodie! i know just the thing you can give them. the item is called "wubba nub" and what it is is a pacifier with a small, soft, stuffed animal attached to it. I never in my life saw one until i got one for my baby shower last year, and let me tell you, my son LOVES it! they are about $14-16 (not cheap, i know) and i have only been able to find them online. They have a good collection to choose from. i have a dinosaur, monkey, lion, and just got a red dog not too long ago. Babies love them because it gives them something to hold when sleeping (or awake) and the animal actually helps the pacifier not fall away from the baby ( which makes it easier for him/her to find and put back in there mouth)- not to mention they are a really cute and outstanding gift.
    shanaynaycowell

Answer by shanaynaycowell at 2:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I usually buy an outfit for when the get bigger, I think my kids had different clothes every day the first 3 months of thier lives! I also make a diaper cake, it is cute and handy.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Those are a great gift! I got some hand made ones & I saved them to use for hand towels in the downstairs bathroom. I LOVED getting anything handmade especially blankets! I usually buy the Diaper Bag & some goodies to go with it like a wipes case decorated to match & a changing pad. Some baby toys from Lamaze & an outfit in a bigger size.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

•  Safe baby feeders!  They're great! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I like to knit baby blankets. They're cute, soft, and a relatively quick project.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I make these... this one was for a dear friends dd and we knew she was having a boy.
    But I usually make the baskets unisex.

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I always give nightgowns. You always think the onesies and footsie pajamas are great but at 3 am with one eye pasted shut , those nightgowns make diaper changes so easy!
    Also if its a boy I always give a pack of washcloths to cover his nipper when bathing. Otherwise it's like the Bellagio fountains in there.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• A set of What to Expect books
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• One of the mothers is very young and seems pretty nervous about the baby (probably on here asking if everything she does normally will hurt the baby) so I think I will get her The Happiest Baby on the Block DVD. I was the same way when my first was born and I know my anxiety fueled my DS's behavior as a newborn. They can feel your tension. He was never a good sleeper and that video helped me with calming my second child when she was born. She was a better sleeper from the start, but I was also not new to a newborn with her and was more confident.

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2013