Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Legally married but having a baby with someone else

I dont care if I am judged. No one here knows the whole story, and Im not getting into that here......BUT I have been seperated for almost a year. I am pregnant with another mans baby who I am seeing . Will I be able to list him on the babies birth certificate?

I was married in Pa, having the baby in Pa but live in ohio.. Yes I am going to talk to a attorney next week....

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Relationships

Answers (31)
  • Hmm... that is a difficult question. I would think that you would be able to list the baby's father on the birth certificate even if you are married to someone else.

    Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

  • I say check with the laws of the state, in my state the person you are legally married to is considered the father, you realize you answered your own question?

    Answer by jerseydiva at 2:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

  • Weird.. I've never heard that. You are the mother though, aren't you allowed to leave the BC blank on the father line? Any other mother I've known had that option. As long as the husband isn't there.. he can't sign the BC. Wait until you are legally divorced & then have the other man sign the BC.

    Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

  • Are you trying to post as someone else,or was that an error?

    Yeah,the bio dad can be put on the birth certificate

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

  • I would talk to an attorney and you should be able to list the birth father unless you husband objects. I can not see any reason that he would but that is me. Personally I would think you would be getting that divorce.

    Answer by Dardenella at 2:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

  • i was trying to put will u have to put the husband on the BC. and it was sent before I was done

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

  • I think you are right, but why are you not divorced yet? Many attorneys can do it without you being present, so if you hurry up and get it done, then all will be well. I guess you could just say at the hospital, you don't know who the father is, even if it is the law, how would they know you are married, unless you told them? If the ex has no idea you are pregnant, just finish up the divorce, but in some state you are not allowed to even divorce if the court knows you are pregnant.

    Answer by jerseydiva at 3:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

  • In Pennsylvania, "a child born during a marriage is presumed to be a child of that marriage" meaning your husband would be considered the father. This info is online, you can google it. You definitely need to talk to an attorney to find out what to do!

    Answer by missanc at 3:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

  • so it goes by if you were married in Pa? Because we are both residents of Ohio...

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

  • I would be careful where you tread, as you are still legally married and by law that is Adultry, The prove is with the child you are having with another man. You may get sued for spousal support and distress if your not careful.

    Answer by steveshouse at 3:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
Not a Question but need input

Next question overall (Money & Work)
Tax questions

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN