Got rid of cable and the only thing i miss is........

Nothing !!

No, seriously. Is there any way a person can watch the news online? I can watch tv shows via netflix and hulu but the only thing i really miss is being able to see live news.

Any ideas?

SeventiesChild

Asked by SeventiesChild at 5:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Technology

• You don't have to be near the stations to get good reception....I lived about 2 miles from 2 of our local stations and couldn't get the channels if my life depended on it. It is the range to the antenna towers and they are usually out in the middle of nowhere. LOL

We have been cable free for 5 years in just a few weeks. We watch a TON of stuff on just over the air signals. You need an antenna, but not rabbit ears...they make HD antennas and they get better reception and cost just a little bit more.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• have you tried their websites? a lot of news shows are online.

i miss live sports. we got an antenna for sports & local news (weather mostly).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• This is a great question. I've been debating going cable free when my contract is up in August. Just sick to death of paying so much for so little.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• We got rid of cable 4 years ago. So much happier without it.

I usually just go to sites like CNN and MSN. They have tons of videos. For local I check out the newspaper site. I do find I'm usually behind on most current events, tho.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• We don't have cable or satellite just rabbit ears lol. We actually pick up PBS, our local abc and CBS stations (which has most of our favorite shows on them anyways.) We also pick up the CW. My DH really likes to watch some of the cooking shows on PBS.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• We haven't had cable in over a year and half. I love it. Kids and I communicate more and more things get done around the house. Mo arguments over bedtimes, etc
    We don't do netflix or anything else. The occasional DVD from redbox, when we have a pizza and movie night.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Some have live feed.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I think you can go on line to each of the news channels. Much of it is print but I think some of it is video as well.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Sure. Go onto the networks of your choice and look for a 'watch live' button. Click and enjoy.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Sometimes rabbit ears work fine and you can pick up a few local channels plus PBS.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2013