Exersaucer Question? Feet touches ground?

Hi! My 5 month old baby girl has an exersaucer. She's had it for almost a month now. She has been on her tippy toes, because she could not reach the floor (even with it on the lowest level). Well I just noticed today, both of her feet touch the floor of it now. Yay! My baby's growing haha :-) But my question is, do I leave it on that level still even though her feet now can reach the bottom flat? Or am I suppose to raise the level so that only her tippy toes touch again?

I'm a new mom and I always have sooo many questions. lol Google has become my best friend and now this website will haha

Myanas_Mommy08

Asked by Myanas_Mommy08 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's better if their feet touch so the can easily turn and play with all the toys all the way around. It will be more comfortable for her too. My kids LOVED it!!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Raise the level. The instructions say tippy toes.

Answer by missanc at 6:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Leave it there for a while. Is she able to move it around if she is on the tips of her toes (like the seat part turns in a circle)? If not, then leave it where she can turn around at least. Maybe look up the brand and item online to see what they recommend.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I never noticed the instructions said tippy toes! I always had them on flat feet so they could turn and practice standing... opps.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• If she's jumping, you don't want her landing on her flat feet - her legs aren't strong enough for that and she can get hurt.

Answer by missanc at 6:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Actually jumping has nothing to do with it. The problem of being flat footed in the saucer is that they turn their bodies abruptly using their torso and their legs drag or get caught on the bottom causing hip and ankle fractures. If they are on the balls of their feet they can still 'bounce' .
    Anonymous

• I would read up on what your exact product recommends as they are all different, you don't want the risk of her tipping it over either, that can happen depending on what type it is
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• You want her feet to touch the floor flat. Walking on toes can actually actually become a bad habit, probably not from this situation, but there are children who have to have physical therapy for being toe walkers for a number of reasons and causes. If the child walks on their toes too much, the muscles develop differently and can can cause other problems, so you want to discourage toe walking in young infants and toddlers.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Its good to have their feet flat because then they have to use more leg strength to jump which is good when it comes to walking and crawling. ITs sad how fast they grow up.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:01 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Read the instructiions
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 11:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2014