How to know you do not want for sure more kids?

Besides health and financial reasons. Emotionally undecided

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2013 in General Parenting

• LOL, that was no decision for me. Two was plenty for me!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I always knew I wanted two. We had two, and my husband had a vasectomy the day after our second child was born. Best thing he's ever done! This year the kids will be 11 and 8, and I am so glad to be done. I've never had any regrets, never wanted another.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• We had two girls, I told my husband, he had three chances for a boy. Luckly, our third was a boy. I don't think, we could financially handle more than three.
    On a personal note - my kids my first was 7lb 12 oz, second 8 lbs 4 oz and third 9 lbs 4 oz - I did not want to try for a 10 lb plus baby... LOL
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• We decided after #3 to stop because we couldn't financially afford another and because it seemed kinda unfair to our other ones, does that make sense? i mean we're already struggling with 3 kids and are trying SO hard to get into a 4bdrm house so they can each have their own room, I would feel bad if we made them share again after finally getting their own space :P Dh and I are still young (he's turning 30 and i'm turning 29 this year) and could very well have had more but it was for the best for him to get a Vasectomy and us to stop. Our family also FEELS complete, kwim? I have a friend who had 2 kids and struggled for quite awhile to have another and when they had finally stopped trying they got a wonderful surprise in a new baby girl! Sometimes its best to leave things in God's hands :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 8:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I was an only child and I always said one or none.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I would think as long as your ready for another & have all your finances in place go for it.. But if not feeling like you can deal then just think it thru with your spouse
    mellig85

Answer by mellig85 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Same here would have stoped at one. but too it was . sure you regret a bit , but Over time you realize it was the best
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• no idea...if it werent for financial reasons i'd be TTC right now. i would imagine emotional is a lot harder to figure out.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I have three. I had my options taken since I have to have c-sections and doctors really don't like doing more then 3 on the same woman, but my dh and I had decided that we were going to stop after three anyway. Luckily, our last was a girl, so I have experience with both genders (2 boys and my little girl). Emotionally, my family "feels" right, KWIM?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I new before I got pregnant the 2nd time- that I'd be done after that. When he was born, I had my innards burned or snipped or rubber banded or whatever it was they did! Never had a 2nd thought about it.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2013