When is it ok to step in & call cps?

When is it ok to step in & call cps. My grandfather rents his house & has a tenant who has 2 small children ages 4 & 22mo. I'm my opinion treats them horribly always yelling at them hitting them not on their bobo's but their faces & its winter always has the smallest just in a sagging diaper dirty for hrs. Witnessed going out in 30 degree weather her completely covered while kids without shoes or jackets... I'm really sick & tired of this going on but I feel for the kids & wouldn't want to step in if I didn't have to but the the things she does just make me so mad b/c I have a 2 yr old & can kinda of relate that she's a single mother but think that is too far. Not to mention the very bad & foul mouth she has towards them or countless boyfriends she brings around them. And yes they are boyfriends she says so.

mellig85

Asked by mellig85 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2013 in General Parenting

• Absolutely call! The children should NEVER be put in that type of situation..I wouldn't hesitate. At least call CPS and ask them if your information is credible enough for them to do a house check. I'd also call the cops and inform them too. You will be the one that could actually save those children.
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 9:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• WTF is a bobo??

If you see something that doesn't look right to you then call.... no one can tell you if it's right or wrong... you have to go with what you see & feel about the situation.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• now is good.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I agree with Crafty, WTH is a bobo?

As for the other, call them.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• yeah, a BOBO is that an ass or what?

IF you have seen this yourself then of course call
    if it is hearsay tell the person who told you to call
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 9:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Yes call. Even if they do not need to go out and it continues, enough calls on this parent will make them go out there.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• A bobo is their butt... sorry for that but Im going to call at least for them to check up & see for themselves. Thank you ladies. I knew I wasn't thinking crazy
    mellig85

Comment by mellig85 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• call NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• What's a bobo?

The hitting in the face warrants a call for abuse.
    The seasonal inappropriate dress warrants a call for neglect and possible child endangerment
    The dirty diapers might warrant a call for neglect, especially if there is a bad diaper rash as well.
    The language and revolving men are just unsavory, not much you could do there.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• It sounds as though the children are in danger.
    This is called neglect which is a form of abuse.
    Yes call CPS.
    At the worst see if your grandfather will not renew the lease when it comes up.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2013