What to Put in Baby's Hair?

I don't know what to use in my baby's hair? lol I been putting baby lotion in it; i was using baby oil but it seems like both of these dry her hair out. I tried the aveeno soothing moisture lotion that i use on her body in her hair and that seemed to do ok. I just don't want to be putting anything in it thats going to make me regret it down the line.

Any ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nothing. Our hair makes its own oils.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Why are you putting lotion in a baby's hair?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• What is wrong with her hair? Why does it need lotion?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• it's dry and she has a curly mohawk now that i comb so it won't get tangled, but people been telling me i need to keep her hair moisturized but i just don't know how to keep an infant's hair moisturized really
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Detangler, then. ^^^
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• California natural baby hair conditioner is what my friend used on her baby with super curly hair with a lot of success
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Well you wouldn't put lotion on your hair when it's dry, would you? My DD's hair is curly, & I love Pantene spray on detangler. It detangles super well, & it's got conditioner in it, too. Just spray it on after a bath, comb, & you're good to go! It makes my DD's hair so soft & shiny.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• see i was iffy about using regular spray/detangler/conditioner in her hair since she's only 5 months. i've been looking for baby products but i guess they don't have to especially be for babies. thanks for the info..gonna try!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Sure thing! There actually is stuff from Suave that's marketed to kids, but the adult ones are the same ingredients, plus I think they smell better!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Johnson and Johnson used to make a detangling spray. I used it as an adult.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2013