What do i do for my swollen lip ?

i got my lip pierced Sunday ( January 13, 2013 ) around 130 pm .. today is January 15, 2013 10pm and my lip is really swollen. i got the piercing professionally done and im really scared its infected. ive been cleaning it everyday with mouth wash ( in the morning, after i eat, and before i go to sleep ) ive put ice on it but it dosnt really help is the first day its been this swollen and im scared sooo please can some one please help me .. i need to no how to make it look normal

Asked by FML6_6_6 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Go to the doctor and make sure it's not infected. You are already doing what you can. Maybe hydrogen peroxide?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I dont know if mouth wash really cleans it. The hydrogen peroxide would be your best bet but get to the doctor.

Answer by booklover545 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Go see your piercer & ask him-her. She will tell you what to do :)

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• A professional piercer told you to use mouthwash to clean it? You should be using a sea salt wash to clean it for the first several weeks. Rinse with the salt water, then use a q-tip dipped in the solution to clean around it twice a day. After about 4 weeks, you can go down to once a day and THEN diluted Scope to clean it.

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Sometimes your body just rejects foreign objects, you might be one of those, just take it out!

Answer by older at 10:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• i would go to the doctor for treatment,and get doctor advise on what u need to do.

Answer by yahoomailer at 8:49 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• first off mouthwash is fine and often recommended second lip piercings often swell for a while and you seem to be poking at it a fair amount that could be prolonging the swelling but like mentioned if its a big concern to you talk too a doctor and your piercer, probably just a phone call would do.

Answer by Ellie-lynn at 3:07 AM on Jul. 23, 2013