Ever had a stolen car found?

My car was stolen Dec 5th...weve gone through all the long process, paid for new carseats, they are halfway through processing it as a total loss...then tonight i get a call...they found it a few cities over. So...what now? Do i have to deal with picking it up from impound, getting it fixed, etc? Or is it too late and will they just auction it off? All i want is the stuff inside, so sentimental things, etc. I dont want it back, i dont know what they couldve done to it...you know? I also was relieved that we were out of that lease, it was dragging us down financially..long story, but to make it short, does anyone have any experience here? I am just not looking forward to having this ordeal drawn out any longer! UGH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2013 in General Parenting

• BIL and SIL had their mini van stolen back in the day when everyone wanted a mini van! She had just bought groceries, had the baby's car seat in the back and all. They found it in Chicago in a chop shop! Of course insurance covered everything.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• well, the car is mostly intact but its already almost done processing as a total loss at this point, i just dont know whether they will have me keep it and fix it on their dime or just finish the processing? :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• if they havent processed it they may close the claimand give you your car back after having it checked out.
    If they process they may keep it to recoup thier loss or give it to you?
    My brother got his stolen they found it after claim was paid but it was strippe so they let him keep it lol
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• My best friend had hers stolen years ago and found stripped down about a month later. She had already collected the insurance, so she didn't get the car back. She did get to go to the impound lot to see if there was anything of hers to pick out.

Be sure to ask your insurance company.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2013