Should the school officials be fired?

How can you 1. Let someone go to a class room and pick up the child
2 why wasn't id checked'?
http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Latest-News-Wires/2013/0115/I-ve-been-stolen-says-abducted-5-year-old-after-being-found

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Where i live its required by law to get photo ID.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• If the woman was completely covered and the child seeing her like this, she must have a Mother that dresses like this cause she easily went with the woman and why the teacher did not notice anything suspicious about a completely covered woman coming to pick the child up, without being first notified by the office.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• Yes, someone ought to get fired or at least suspension without pay. This is the 3rd time something like this has happened. Whats it gonna take a kid getting kidnapped from school and killed? If someone would enforce this rule like folks are hot and heavy on the gun laws, this would never have happened.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• In our schools all entrances are locked. You have to be buzzed into the school and present yourself at the offices which is always right at the only door you can come in. You have to sign in after showing ID unless you are like me who is there volunteering at least once a week. I still have to sign in and out. If a child is leaving before the close of school, the person picking them up has to sign in and then out and also the child must sign out with dates and times. Our schools are pretty good at noticing if someone is not usually around and then we find out and introduce our selves, Sight recognition, even without being able to call up a name is a valuable assent when noticing those that do not belong.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:21 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• In my child's school no one picks up a child without their driver's license on file. Period. Full contact I formation must be provided prior to pick up authorized by the parents. We also have a code personal family code word. No code, no pick up. I could imagine that yes any staff would be fired if proper procedure did not occur. But I have also known teachers fired, including this year, for grabbing and talking to a child that was harsh. Let go that same day.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:42 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I suppose it depends on the school district's policy. If someone is wearing something that hides any way of identifying an individual and then they are protected under religious freedoms to do so, how would you go about proving that they aren't the parent or relative of the child?

DD went to a preschool where they made you use a code to sign your child in and out of school. It was a pain because that meant that you had to walk them in and go in to pick them up every day. The halls were always crowded with parents. But essentially if you did not have a PIN number to pick up your child, they were NOT leaving with you.

I'm guessing that the district policies need revisiting and revamping. Whether someone should be fired depends on the details that weren't outlined in the article.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Yeah, I read about that. Just insane.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2013