can you get a cavity filled in your 3rd trimester?

with that shot they give you to numb the area?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you dont have to get it numbed.. i have never got that stuff when gettin a cavity filled.. more scared of needles then them drillin into my tooth
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 2:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• won't you feel the pain if its not numbed??
    Anonymous

• I did and they gave me the shot to numb me. I was in my second trimester. Just x-rays are not allowed while pregnant.

PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• You're not supposed to have actual procedures done while pregnant. I asked y doctor, he said wait until after you're done, and if you're breastfeeding, wait until you're done that too.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 2:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I was told the only thing you can not have done at the dentist when pregnant was x-rays. It is better to have the problem fixed than have a lot of pain or worse an infection. Also you can have any procedure done when you are nursing. I have been pregnant or nursing since Feb of 2004 and if you could not go while pregnant or breastfeeding I still wouldnt be able to go. Call and ask your OB to be sure, but I have had cavities fixed and regular visits in pregnancy and nursing and my Dr's have said it was fine.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 3:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2009