Is there a difference between gun safety laws and gun restriction laws?

a friend of mine said she was all for stricter gun safety laws but not restrictions? She said she wants to see a 10 day waiting period/background check in all states and more laws about safe storage and tougher laws for homicides and gun theft. Is that really different that gun restrictions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes there is a difference but not to some fanatics.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Longer waiting periods and safe storage laws are restrictions.....because they restrict when you buy....and how you use. My weapon will not be very effective if my gun is locked in one safe on one floor and my bullets are locked in another safe on the other floor....a storage law will restrict how I am able to use it in an emergency.

Why don't they just start enforcing exisisting laws? They just let the tv host off the hook for the illegal magazine. Why don't they stop letting criminals out on early release. They released a whole bunch in Cali not long ago.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:47 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Yes. Safety is about how guns are handled. Restrictions mean fewer or no guns!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2013