whats the best hair dye?

okay so right now i have redish brown hair the red part is natural but the burnette part isn't i have dyed it this color for the past few years. my husband has recently seen some pictures of me when i was a blonde teenager and wishs to have my hair this color when he returns from over seas. my question is what is the best hair dye to use? should i bleach my hair first and satrt ever new? should i get it professinally done?

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 3:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• im a professional stylist and not just saying it bc i "have" too but honestly please get it professionally done, for the sake of your hair. its gonna end up costing more money and more time if you do it yourself bc trust me it isnt gonna turn out right 99.9 percent of the time and ive done enough color corrections to know how unhappy some people have been when they walk into the salon. also, i think its really sweet you are doing this for your husband. my husband is in the Infantry and when he was over sees i was always changing it for him bc sometimes it was nice to pop up after a week long over watch and him see me as a sultry red or a crazy pink on the webcam. always made for a fun night before i had to loose communication for another week. ;o)
    so i bet your husband will absolutly love the suprise when he returns.... just make sure its done right so you feel your absolute best when he steps off that plane :o)
    InFaNtRyWifWHIT

Answer by InFaNtRyWifWHIT at 4:01 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Who cares what color your husband wants, it's all about what you want, he doesn't own you.
    Anonymous

• Yes, get it professionally done because it might turn bassy if you do it on your own
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 3:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Yes..save your money and get it professionally done. I'm sure you will look beautiful and it is nice to do something for your husband.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• thanks so much you two.. as for you anonymous.. its true my husband doesnt own me but if i can do this one things for him since he is after all OVERSEAS i dunno oh fighting in a war then i will. plus i really want t o do it anyways.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• whatever
    Anonymous

• oohh good one anonymous let me get a tissue so sop up the tears from that 7th grade answer-
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 5:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• whatever floats your boat
    Anonymous

• Well... Blonde is a very very fun color. I do suggest that you see a stylist. As a stylist myself I HATE to see the poor girls that come in with orange, pink, or really brassy hair. It costs A LOT of money to have fixed (most salons charge by the HOUR for color corrections) and it can really, really damage your hair. So, if you start out at the salon you will be much happier with the result. And I would (and have) do the same thing for my husband. You can always change it back if you don't like it!! Good Luck!!
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 9:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• yess, listen to brighteyes. Plus, color doesnt lift color - so if you are brunette now after coloring already, you're going to have to lighten it first - you cant just go buy a boxed blonde. So please please for your hairs sake go see a professional stylist =)
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 10:52 PM on Feb. 13, 2009