• In the Spotlight:

HOW OLD SHOULD HE BE?

How old should my son be now 2 weeks before i let him like be outside and things like that?

Bethy08

Asked by Bethy08 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can take him outside now as long as you keep him warm. Remember, babies lose heat quickly. But he will enjoy the change of scene (even though it is blurry), the different temperatures, the wind on his face.
    You can take him shopping for quick errands. Just don't let anyone touch him or breathe on him. The easiest thing to do to stop is is to drape a baby blanket over the stroller or car seat so no one can even see him.
    You should wait until he is 6 weeks to take him to crowded places, on longer shopping trips, or to family gatherings with lots of people.
    You should wait until he is old enough to enjoy a movie before taking him to one - usually 3 or older. Yes, he may sleep through the noise of that action movie you want to see. But the volume level is so high that his ears may be damaged.

Congrats on the new little guy!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I stayed in my home for the first 2 months!!! Because it was cold/flu season, I was so scared of my baby getting sick, so I didn't want her going out! I went stircrazy!!! So I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but I do think IMO that he is a little young to be going out to public places. Now, if you are just wanting to take him out side in the yard or so, then thats okay, babies need fresh air too right? Just make sure you put a wide brim hat to protect him from the sun, and keep him in a blanket to say warm! Congrats momma!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 3:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My friend just had a baby and her doctor told her not to take him out for 6 weeks. Its cold outside and its flu season. Just be cautious and use your instincts.
    Laurr24

Answer by Laurr24 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2009