I'm going to be induced on Wed. @ 6 am... What should I expect? :)

I just got back from the doctor and she wants to induce me on Wed. @ 6 am bc I have strep b, I'm 38 1/2 weeks pregnant... They thought I would go early but I held out pretty well , now I'm just wondering how they are going to induce me. Has anyone been threw this and If so what can I expect? How long did it take you to have the baby after you were induced ?I know it won't be the same for me but just wondering how it was for you..... Thank you so much for your answers :)

lisacieslak

Asked by lisacieslak at 3:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you're given a pitocin drip iv and sometimes your water will be broken. I'm sorry you have strep. Please take care and rest.
    Anonymous

• Well, to break your water they'll use this little instrument with a tiny hook on it and insert it into your cervix. To start your labor going they'll give you some meds. through an IV.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 3:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I had strep too. They don't have to induce you and induction makes a C more likely. You just need to start IV antibiotics when labor/water breaks. I was induced because my water broke and I wasn't having contractions 8 hours later. Oh and I had a C section.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i had strep to. i went in around 5 a.m. they gave me antibiotics and pitosin. broke my water around 10 a.m. and i had my healthy baby boy at 8:42 p.m. good luck and congrats! :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i was induced they broke my water feels like you peeing the bed on a puppy pad, your contractions will take a while to kick in and once they do get the epidural and your set!
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Thank you for your concern... I was scared when I read up on strep b but my doctor assures me that it will be okay as long as I get the Antibiotics during labor..
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 3:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I was induced at 6am and had my son until 10:30 pm that night. It was long for me though. They put piticon in my Ivy. All your allowed to eat is ice chips. My doctor had to break my water bag. I hope it is a speed process for you. Good Luck!

PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• So threw the IV they will give me the antibiotics for the strep b, then break my water.... I see why they want to give me the antibiotics before they break my water because of risk of infection to the baby.. Makes sense that they want to induce me so that the baby does not get it if my water breaks on it's own.
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 3:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• not to really be induced until 1 ;] hehe jk just with me they made me wait so long before they gave me anything >:o
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2009