Ideas please...

My son is turning 13 next month and I am not sure what to do for him this yr. I know he said that he wants me to make his cake this time which is not problem at all. But I am at a loss as to what I can still do for him.

I know he likes video games and things like that but, I don't want to just focus on that kind of stuff. I will get him a game or two as well. Luckily this yr it falls on a the weekend so I want to go all out since he is becoming a teenager and make him feel special. It's been rough and I just want to make him feel special.

I am hoping I will have my income tax in by that time. I thought about maybe getting him an Ipod or something because he's starting to really get into music and he likes to listen to it while doing his homework.

any ideas would be appreciated!! Thanks! :0)

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Is he wanting to invite friends to a party? If so, how many and what is your budget?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:09 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I think he will want to invite a few. I thought about bowling again. I did that for him one yr and he loved it. But we also have a game place where they have go-carts and such. I don't have a whole lot of money but I might go 100-200 if I have income tax in by then.
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Go carts sound like fun. Look and see if they offer coupons (unfortunately the one's I have seen for places like that are special prices for their slow times which wouldn't be on weekends). Maybe a sporting event? They have those gaming trucks but those are sort of pricey and better for a larger audience. Maybe laser tag would be fun. Plus it's indoors if you live somewhere cold

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• yeah it always seems to get cold on his bday... lol sometimes if we are lucky it's not too terribly cold. we live in Tx so I am hoping it won't be brrr cold that day. I know I will be having family come in too.
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• My husband and I did paintball for our anniversary and it was really fun. Alot of places have indoor arenas.
    hatagaj

Answer by hatagaj at 7:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2013