Are you a SAHM or do you work outside the home? Do you like it?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 10:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Money & Work

• I'm a work at home/stay at home mom. I'm an author, so I work from home. But I spend most of my day homeschooling my two kids, keeping house, etc.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:09 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I have a part time delivery job. Most of the time I can't complain. The pay is good and it gets me out of the house. When it's 9° and snowing, I complain a bit, but I complain about the cold and bad drivers being worse in the snow anyway..
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:12 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I've been at home for more than 40 years. Even though the children are grown and have families of their own, I still love being a full-time wife to my husband of 48 years. There are very few days when I don't have opportunity to watch one or more of the grandchildren for a few hours, so in a sense, I am still a stay-at-home-mom aka Nannie!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I've been a sahm for most of the last 30 years. My kids are grown and I just went back to work full time. I have to admit it's been very challenging. I've been working for 3 months, but I'm going to give it a little longer before I decide. What I really want to do is stay home and write full time, but this fabulous opportunity fell in my lap, and I couldn't turn it down.

I do love staying home, cooking and taking care of my family though.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I'm a sahm. I love it but may go back part time when my youngest hits school age (she's 2 now) to keep me busy.

Answer by missanc at 10:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I'm a sahm but looking for work. I'd rather stay home but it's not an option unfortunately
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I'm a working mom. i miss being a SAHM.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I stay at home for now and I hate it. I like being here in case they get sick and managing the house, but I don't have much of a choice considering we move every 2, sometimes 3 years. I move in 6 months again. No point in working. I get disability from the VA so I'm kind of contributing to the finances. I think it is the isolation more than the staying home.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:22 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I work, but very short hours, so I'm home most of the time my kids are home - I consider myself both tbh. I do like my job but I'm under a contract for only another 13 months so we'll see what happens.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:30 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I am a SAHM but I am going to school online. It's boring. I can't wait to finish school so I can go to work, even part time
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:17 AM on Jan. 16, 2013