any moms know their newborns cries mixed in with

other newborns when they'd be coming to you in the hospital? With my kids as newborns when a baby would be coming down the hall every time I thought that crying baby was my new born I was right. This happen to any one else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• When my son was circumcised they did 4 or 5 in a row and my room was close to the nursery so I heard him cry and after asked the nurse if he was the 2nd or 3rd (don't remember which # now- it was almost 16 years ago) and she said yes.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• He sounded hoarse. He had such a little wimpy cry. The girls there sounded tougher than he did! He made up for that the next 6 months though : ) It was hard to hear him above the rest at the hospital. There was a cute 10lb girl at the hospital that could wail though. I could tell it was her every time.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Gosh! I hadn't thought of this for 30 years, but yes indeed! I remember smiling as they brought my baby to me because I knew his cry. There was something unusual about it - I think he cried uhwah uhwah or something like that, and I could hear it down the hallway. I had not thought of this since I brought him home. Wow!

Answer by Bmat at 7:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I could tell my kids apart when both of them cried, my dh and my sister thought this was amazing! Because to them it was just babies crying, they could not tell which one it was and I could. I can still do this now, if we are in walmart and mt dh has my ds, I can track them down by his laugh or his crying. lol!!
    delta139

Answer by delta139 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2009