Have you ever tried tilapia? Is it good?

Ive been wanting to try it because it looks delicious, but I'm nervous! lol

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 10:31 AM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I'm not a fish eater at all. Can't stand it. But I will eat tilapia. It doesn't have a super fishy taste or smell to it. I also eat tuna.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:39 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• i HATE fish but tilapia is the only fish i'll eat b/c it dosen't have a really bad "fishy" taste to it. i make lemon pepper tilapia and broil it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Yes, it's a very mild fish.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• It's the only fish I can tolerate, so it's the only fish we eat. I make it about once every month or so because my 8 year old adores fish. It's good, if you like fish.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• It's okay for a mild fish.. sometimes it tastes like dirt. I've cooked it with garlic salt and lemon juice in the oven, it came out pretty good.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I am NOT a big fan of fish- but can eat tilapia. Costco carries some that is already seasoned and ready to go and it's actually really good.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• When cooking it, try not to overcook. When it is flaky that's when it's done. Since it is a very low fat fish it tends to cook faster and ends up dry if it's overcooked.
    I like to marinate mine in a Hawaiian marinade and serve with sauteed veggies and rice.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• its okay...kinda the chicken breast of fish if that makes sense. its not super fishy like catfish, but its not as flavorful as salmon or halibut (which cost more). i really like fish but tilapia is nothing special.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• yes my mom has made it a few times and I don't mind it, we're not big fish eaters either. Used to eat fresh fish that we actually caught when I was little but haven't done that in AGES! The only fish I absolutely will not eat is Salmon, ugh i just can't stand the taste :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 10:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Yes, I like it and I don't really like fish.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:38 AM on Jan. 16, 2013