Having anxiety about having c-section.

I am 20 wks pregnant. I do have anxiety attacts and was on low dose of xanax but have not needed to take any pills since becoming pregnant. I have been able to avoid situations that I know make me anxious, but I am afraid that when it time for me to have my baby and I have to have a c-section that I am gonna freak out in the delivery room, which is something that I cannot avoid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Pregnancy

• If it makes you feel any better, I had an emergency c-section after two days of induction and the c-section was actually a huge relief. Once I was in the operating room everything was calm and I was awake and aware, but there was nothing scary, and there was no pain. It was really peaceful and fast. I hope this helps you feel less anxious. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• It's okay if you do. I had severe anxiety during my last c section. My heart was beating like 120+ beats per minute the whole time. The nurses closely monitor your vitals and they level you out if they can. I know my blood pressure was dipping low and then high and then low and high during the operation, but they watch it the whole time to keep it at safe levels. The worst part is being stuck and laying flat on your back. But just remember you will get through it, it will pass. And you'll have a beautiful baby to show for it after
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• My 2 csections were actually a much calmer experience than my first 2 vaginal deliveries.

Answer by missanc at 10:55 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I loved my c-section. It was very calming knowing that all that was expected of me was to come in and lie down. I'm good at that! No pushing, no breathing, no screaming, no pooping on the table. Much more civilized!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:38 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• You can not avoid a panic attack in the OR or you can not avoid a cesarean?

Why are you planning a cesarean? Maybe you would be better with a vaginal birth.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2013