I'm buying shoes, and the seller said he will send an invoice to my email for PayPal. Is this safe because I'm texting him through a cell phone but he's not with a company.

I'm new to PayPal.

ABarlow15

Asked by ABarlow15 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• I've never had a problem with that and I have done that a few times through ebay.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:42 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Paypal is very secure. It sounds like he is just sending you a bill, which my company does all the time, & once you pay your item should be sent to you. You might want to check his feedback or reviews. I'm not sure what website you are buying from.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:43 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• you are paying with paypal still, it should be fine
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:43 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• paypal is the way to go and thats normal procedure
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I will never use Paypal. Got totally screwed by them after my acct was hacked and purchases were made.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I forgot to add that he's not with a company, he is selling them through social media. And he's even texting me with a phone. So this is safe right ? @superrmommyy
    ABarlow15

Comment by ABarlow15 (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• As long as you are using Paypal..it should be safe. If he doesn't send the item you can file a chargeback through Paypal and get your money back if he can't prove you received it.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:47 AM on Jan. 16, 2013

• If he is using Paypal, all you are providing him with is your email address so he can send you the invoice. PayPal will handle any and all claims if he never sends your items or they are not what he claims them to be etc.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I've done this pleanty of times. It is safe. Just never answer spam emails that ask for your log on info.
    Jomasjc

Answer by Jomasjc at 12:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2013