Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

My husband said he filed for divorce but I cannot find the degree anywhere

so I've been married for quite a while but we are no longer together either for a while out my husband lives out of state and he has gotten remarried to another woman this thing is I cannot find a divorce degree anywhere he says he filed for divorce and we are divorced but there's no record of the degree. I went and filed in my County Clerk and was wondering if we are divorced will the degree pop up and then I'll be all set. Good day be able to find the degree once I file for divorce if there really was one

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • *decree, degrees are something you earn in college lol

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

  • They should be able to tell you at the court house. Could you not just call him, and ask where he filed the divorce?

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

  • If there's no decree or a record of it, then you are not divorced & he's a bigamist.


    Answer by 3libras at 12:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

  • I would contact a lawyer and have him check into this. If your husband is still married to you and to another woman, he is a bigamist and that is against the law. I believe you can put him in jail!


    Answer by NannyB. at 12:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

  • Unless you are in hiding, you would have been served with papers, do you have any kids together? Where is the custody agreement, etc? I think he is full of it.

    Answer by jerseydiva at 12:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

  • ask him where he filed and they can pull it

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

  • File a report of bigamy in the county or city where he lives. If you're divorced he'll be forced to produce the paper work to the police. It could be cheaper than hiring a lawyer, depending on how far you have to travel to do this and if a phone call or letter will suffice.  It's usually very difficult to get a divorce without the the person knowing it.  He'd have to provide proof that he didn't know where you lived, but he tried to find you.


    Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

  • Tell him you need it for your taxes.

    Answer by Dardenella at 12:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2013


    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

  • Ask where he filed. Then pull it on public records.

    Answer by booklover545 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.