Babysitting question

I babysit a set of twins. I also babysit two more kids. The set of twins are try to be potty trained. They are 3 1/2 and the mom thinks they should be going on their own by now. I am trying to help, taking them every hour. The mom seems to think that is not good enough since she is seeing no results. She wants me to start taking them every 30 minutes. Am I the only one who thinks that is a bit much? If it is what should I tell her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Money & Work

• Is she doing anything with them at home or does she expect you to have them fully trained in a day?! She needs to do the same if she expects you to step it up!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 1:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• OMG! I didn't know you could hire someone to potty train your kids? Where have I been??? JK, She is an ass. Just go by your gut instincts or else the poor things will have hemmoroids the size of melons!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• She says she is doing the same at home, not sure if I believe it though. I keep telling her they won't start going until they are ready. It just goes in one ear and out the other though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I would continue to do what you are doing, if they were born early etc,, you can't make a child go in the potty until they are ready (as you know) You might try asking them if they need to go, and do some kind of reward chart for them, but bottom line if she won't do the same, it may take awhile for them to get it.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 1:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I could never get a babysitter to help me with the potty training. Drove me insane because I'd get them going pretty good on the weekend and then come Monday it's back to the daycare/sitter putting them in pull-ups.

Frankly, I'd be a bit snippy and inform her that most sitters don't help with potty training and that you are doing this to help her out. If she doesn't like the way you're doing it, then she can just do it all herself and you'll just stop helping. At most, I'd keep doing it the way you're doing it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2013