Would you feel comfortable with your husband being 'friends' with a woman that has clearly expressed that she's interested in him?

This isn't my situation, a conversation I had with my sister lasts night got me thinking about it. Her husband is 'friends' with a woman at his job that has the hots for him. I put quotes around the word friends bc I don't know how he defines friends. A few years ago he cheated on my sister with a girl that was his friend. I think having a relationship with this person could open the door to something more, I told her to be careful and keep an eye on the situation. She isn't entirely comfortable with it but isn't saying anything either. I think on some level he is disrespecting my sister by continuing this friendship but it's really not my place to say it, I think I've said enough to her already.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Relationships

• With his history I'd be all over his butt. If he is 'friends' with a woman who has made it clear she desires him and he moves forward..your sister needs to lay down the law..it stops or his butt is on the curb.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• If she has expressed her not wanting him to be friends with her and he is anyway (beyond mutual business interest) then he is disrespecting her. Especially since he doesn't seem to have boundaries with "friends".
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Considering the past, it seems to me that he's having another affair & your sister is turning a blind eye to it.
    I will never, ever, for the life of me, understand women who stay with cheaters (who are not in a clearly defined "open relationship").
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• 3libras- that's the impression I got too, because why wouldn't she say anything? If it was my husband, I'd have too much to say about it to keep my mouth shut!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• What should she do to stop it? I mean the guy works with her, and she chose to stay after he cheated the first time, she makes a ruckus over it, and he says WHAT?
    In my personal situation, my husband has a ton of "friends" that would love to take it to another level, but I trust him 100%!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 2:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• It depends on what type of friends. My husband has friends at work that are female, and I know some of them want him, I've been told by one of the female workers that I'm friends with. I don't expect him to be rude or mean to anyone. But he doesn't go out with them to lunch unless it's a group going, he doesn't go out with them after work ever. He has a picture of me on his desk and we facetime all day so it's pretty obvious to them that he's not interested.
    So - friends that he talks to and keeps up with, fine. Friends that he goes out with, texts constantly and spends time with, not a chance.

Answer by missanc at 2:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Jerseydiva- she didn't say they were coworkers, they're friends so they text, chat on Facebook and hang out after work. And that's just it, she doesn't trust him 100%. I'm sure you trust yours because he hasn't given you reasons not to... I don't think she should have stayed with him but I can't blame her for not liking what he's doing either.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• * she didn't say they were JUST coworkers (sorry), typing too fast lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• No! Hell no!!

Answer by louise2 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Noooooo and my DH stays far away from that type or any type good grief . He better be careful
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2013