Can I give my puppy the heart/gizzards/whatever that nasty stuff is from my turkey?

I have them in my roaster alongside the turkey with only chicken broth, no seasonings or anything else. Is there any of that stuff she can't have? I figured I'd cook a little brown rice and mash it all together, whatever she can have. Also, if she can, how much should I give her? Just a little each day mixed with her dry food? She's about 3 1/2 months old.

idareyou

Asked by idareyou at 2:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Pets

• I wouldn't. Mostly because I wouldn't want to clean it up if it gave my animal the runs.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Maybe a nibble or two, and save it for a treat, too much will make him sick.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 2:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• The neck has small bones that could splinter so unless you pick the meat off, don't use that. I would cut the heart and liver into small pieces for a treat. Just a little bit each day. The gizzards may be a little too tough for a puppy.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 3:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Can if you want. As long as it is fully cooked.

Answer by louise2 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• My 11yo DD eats the neck ;o). I gave her (puppy) a taste of the...something...just a nibble, and DH gave the rest to our older bigger dog.
    idareyou

Comment by idareyou (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• i dont give my dogs anything turkey, too rich for them i wouldnt give a puppy any
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2013