Can your DH/SO figure this out? 19 years and not know? What would he do?

From the other CM site this  http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/147156/man_discovers_wife_of_19?utm_medium=sem2&utm_source=disqus&utm_campaign=disqus&utm_content=disqus_jan    How could he not know?  My DH said he would kill himself, but knows for sure I'm a girl.   Be what you want , but be honest.   Yes I'm female and had kids for real.  And he is Male for real. Never saw the movie but it reminds of the crying game  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104036/synopsis Then the sad song of the crying game by boy george http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOgv-UuTgac

sunshine196

Asked by sunshine196 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Relationships

• Exactly..there is NO way I could keep that kind of secret from someone I want to spend forever with.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• That's gross & probably the biggest form of betrayal ever!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• There are surgeries that can turn you into a, um, woman so maybe he just hadn't had any prior experience with a REAL woman to know the difference? That's my only theory. I've had a child and my husband witnesses everything from conception to delivery so I'm pretty sure he knows for sure, lol. But yes I agree - ultimate betrayal!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Owe my gosh!!!! That is something you tell some one on the first date. 19 year marriage a lie!

Answer by louise2 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• oops
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• must be things that do not make sense, the jaw line , hands

The husband states very clearly in the linked article, " I thought she was an attractive woman, all woman. She had no male traits."

And what exactly is so "sad"?
    That a person who was born with a birth defect had surgery to correct the abnormality?

It was a private medical condition which was resolved prior to the marriage and was chosen to not be discussed any further.
    You could always watch "Sex Change Hospital" to gain further understanding.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Wow. I think something like that should be disclosed.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I'm sorry but not disclosing something like that is just despicable. It's not about the sex change, but it's about feeling like it's okay to hide something so important from your life partner. I hate to say it but these are the kind of things that send people into fits of rage and cause them to kill the other person. I would be horrified.
    hatagaj

Answer by hatagaj at 7:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• That makes it even worse, I just can't imagine. Me being a woman I would be angry if I find out my husband was really born a girl. But it seems like somehow for a man to discover his wife was really a man is even worse to me. I'm sure the man was not only angry, but extremely ashamed, embarassed, so many emotions I can't even fathom.
    hatagaj

Answer by hatagaj at 7:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• SuperrMommyy I agree, just be honest. Why do that to someone?
    sunshine196

Comment by sunshine196 (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2013