Have you or your partner made amends to each other if you've done something bad

to one another or is one of you still waiting but too stubborn, embarrassed to admit defeat to make things better? My husband's ego is huge. He apologizes almost always way after the fact in a very small way. What about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• From observing the men in my life, anyway, I'd say this is typical. My husband rarely if ever apologizes. He feels that setting the matter right, fixing what was wrong, is good enough. And I guess it is. He apparently would lose face if he had to apologize. This way he just makes amends or fixes and that's it. For me I feel that an apology is in order, and I do apologize. Just yesterday I realized that I'd forgotten to cook his oatmeal, which I do all day the day before in a small crockpot. So I apologized.

Answer by Bmat at 3:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I guess ment hink saying they are sorry is a weakness.I tell SO that if he hurts me or is wrong he needs to say that.The words I am sorry mean more than anything else to me and I will keep reminding him everytime.I have no prob saying I am sorry or that I messed up...I just do it.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My ex NEVER apologized for anything unless I told him that he owed me an apology... and then he'd only say "Fine, I'm f***ing sorry. Does that make you happy?" wow... no apology at all is it..

My DH now, and I, don't care whose wrong.... we're too eager to make up anyhow. But yeah when he does do something wrong and I call him on it, not only will he apologize to me (sincerely) but he also does what he has to or feels he needs to to make it up to me. Case in point; He got the days mixed up on my birthday two years ago... he knew it was the 27th but was thinking the 27th was on Sunday (it was on Saturday).... at Christmas that year, I had one extra gift under the tree and it was wrapped in birthday paper. Inside was a beautiful necklace and a note telling me AGAIN how sorry he was for having forgot my birthday.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I tend to hold grudges longer than my DH. Eventually, I get tired of the tension and just get over it.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 9:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2009