How old are you and did you ever think you'd reach your age?

You don't have to be "old"... Some of us weren't supposed to make it out of certain situations, yet, we were given more time... How old are ya now?

Ruthmom802

Asked by Ruthmom802 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Health

• I'm almost 33. I've never faced having to die, and at one point I had no doubt that I'd reach this age, but I lost my DH when I was 25 and it shook my world. I couldn't fathom at that point ever reaching the age where I'd be older than him. He was 30. Turning 30 was rough on me for that reason. It took quite a while to get to the point where I didn't think something was going to happen to me soon after.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• 49 since two weeks ago. Nope. I feel like 38 and holding.... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• 47
    and looking back, i think that i dodged a few

lol, i remember when i was little thinking i would never be a teen
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• 51, Shocked I made it to this age.  Had a wild life before I met my DH 24 years ago.

Answer by louise2 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• 26, there was a point when I wasn't sure. I was diagnosed with cancer when I was 14; it's hard not to let your mind go there even if it's just for moment.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• 38 and honestly, no. My mother died of colon cancer when she was 37 so I was dreading the 37th year. I didn't want to go through that and while it's not necessarily hereditary, I am at risk. I get checked every 5 years.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• 29 and yes..
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 3:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• 26 and no
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• 22 yes?!
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 3:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I am 60 in March
    My father said I would never make it to 18 because I wasn't satisfied to burn the candle at both ends but in the middle too. lol
    I had already "escaped" 2 near death experiences before I hit my 16th birthday.
    I have had 3 near deaths since then.
    Yes I thought I would make it this far and a bit longer. I have always seen myself older with DH and the picture in my head gives me the feeling we are both past retirement. The picture also makes me look better than I do now, so either I am going to lose the weight or my picture is just BS lol.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2013