TFG Do you have the nightime ritual after your kids are in bed

and pigging out on any junkfood that happens to be handy or pleases you? Or alcohol?

I was reading this in groups and it i so right on the money. It IS like I deserve this because I made it through another day lol.

What a sabotage for any good wweightloss things you have done throughout the day.

The sad thing is I don't even realize what I am doing.

How about you?

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 3:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Health

• i read to daughter when she is in bed
    most of the time last few months, i am falling asleep when i am reading
    maybe it is the winter - but i am sleeping pretty early
    some rare nights- i come back downstairs and play on answers
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I don't do that, at least not terribly so. My kids go to bed at 9, and I always plan for a good snack after that time. Not junky, just something. Sometimes a sandwich, sometimes fruit, sugar snap peas and ranch.... just SOMETHING. I have a hard time sleeping on an empty stomach. We eat dinner at 6 pm, and I'm usually going to sleep about midnight-1 am. That's just too long a stretch for me to go.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• after the 3 year old goes to bed i try to enjoy some quiet time with my 7 week old. i pick up the toys and watch tv or go to bed if baby is asleep.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Guilty! I have a stash of chocolate (gave up the twizzlers for the most part) & the drinking is only once in a while, depending on if it's the weekend, or what kind of day I had! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• If I was still taking ambien I would get the ambien munchies and eat, eat, eat.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• No my guilty pleasure after the kids go to bed is playing World of Warcraft. sometimes i'll have a snack while i'm playing but I try not to. DH will eat and eat and eat all night after the kids and I go to bed (especially on weekends) and he's either playing on his computer or watching a movie or something, he has a horrible late night eating habit :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• No munching or drinking for me. Since I am the only one in the house I don't drink when DS is home, just in case he we have to go somewhere. I tend to curl up and read or watch one of my shows after he is asleep.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Well my son goes in his room around 8pm and I'll put a movie on for him and he's allowed to play quietly in his bed if he's not tired. So at 8pm I'll straighten up around the house, get things prepared to make my morning easier and get ready for bed. If my son isn't asleep by 9pm his TV goes off and he then has to put all toys away and lay down. Then we go to bed.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• i dont do this, but have fun lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2013