Can the police do anything if you call them about someone screaming at you? adult content

My husband has in the past two weeks screamed and been making threats. Will the police remove him from the home if I called them? The last time my kids and I locked ourselves in the car.

jerseydiva

Asked by jerseydiva at 4:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2013 in Relationships

• he can be told to leave the premises or you can press charges for the threats and get a protection or possibly. But you need to call when it happens so you have a police report
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Yes. Call while its happening.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• the whole thing has been very odd, my husband is a normal happy guy with a really good job, in the past 2 weeks he has become unbearble, yelling, cussing not in his nature at all, to be honest, it is almost like he doesn't even remember it. My kids have asked if we could just go, but in 20 years of marriage, he has never been disrespectful or even angry at all, I am sorry to even have to write this.
    jerseydiva

Comment by jerseydiva (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• For the threats, yes.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• Unless he hits you, I don't think they can do ANYTHING.

But- maybe just HAVING the cops there will help him straighten up. My fiance scared the heck out of me last night. He was banging around, cursing and yelling. I took both kids in the bathroom and stayed there.

Having a police report will give you proof on paper of a domestic disturbance, if you think that would be helpful in the future.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2013